CHURCH WORLD SERVICE MISSION OUTREACH PROJECT for 2019/2020
Personal hygiene kits
In the face of natural disasters, violence, or grinding poverty, hygiene kits can mean the difference between sickness and health for struggling families.
These kits are small packages of supplies assembled by volunteers and shipped to people in need at home and around the world. A complete list of needed items is below.
- Lay hand towel flat on a table.
- Lay the washcloth in the center of the hand towel.
- Place all remaining items on top of the washcloth.
- Fold the sides of the hand towel to cover the items.
- Grasp the bundle tightly and roll over the remainder of the towel.
- Place the tightly rolled bundle in the plastic bag.
- Remove air and zip seal.
- All items must be new.
- Do not wash any of the items, as they will no longer be considered new.
- Do not include personal notes, money, or additional materials.
- Contents of kits or the containers of kits should not be imprinted with cartoon characters, advertisements, religious, patriotic, or camouflage symbols.
There will be a container at the church for the hygiene kits.
List of items to include in each hygiene kit
- One hand towel, measuring app. 15″ x 26″ or 16″ x 32″ (no fingertip or bath towels)
- One wash cloth – No kitchen, cleaning, or microfiber towels
- One nail clipper – Remove from packet. No emory boards or metal nail files.
- One bath-size bar of soap in wrapper – No Ivory or Jergen’s soap
- One adult toothbrush – in original packaging
- Ten standard-size Band-Aids ® – ¾” x 3”
- One wide-tooth comb
- Must be sturdy with at least 6″ of teeth
- No pocket combs or picks
- Rattail and combs without handles are acceptable but must have at least 6″ of teeth
Please buy enough items to complete a kit so we don’t have extra items left over.
Thank you for your generosity.
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Ladies Bible Study and Clean ‘n’ Gleam are cancelled until further notice.
Ladies Bible Study
Meets every other Wednesday at 1 p.m. during the spring and fall at the home of Carla Krucelyak. We are studying Paul’s letter to the Romans. For more information, call the church office at 814-938-4021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clean ‘n’ Gleam
Distributes cleaning and personal grooming supplies to those in need every second Monday of the month from 6–8 p.m. For more information, call the church office at 814-938-4021 or email email@example.com.
Members of St. Peter’s UCC sponsor Joseline, a seven-year-old girl who lives in Guatemala through Children International. The cost of sponsorship is $25 a month, with extra given for her birthday and at Christmas. To be a part of this sponsorship, just place an envelope in the offering plate with cash or a check make payable to “St. Peter’s UCC” and mark it “Child Sponsorship.” For more information about Children International, visit their website.
For more information to support Joseline, call the church office at 814-938-4021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Three Great Loves Initiative
The Three Great Loves initiative of the United Church of Christ is both invitational and inspirational. It invites us to share the impact we are making as we live out God’s love through the lens of Three Great Loves. It invites us to connect with each other and the wider church in transformative ways, inspiring and encouraging each other in our faithful work. And it invites us to share the inspiring and collective impact we are making as the hands and feet of God, making a more just world for all.
We all have a story. We are all part of God’s story. What’s your story? Please take part and share your story! If you have questions about the initiative, our PWC (Penn West Conference) contacts on it are Jill Marie (email@example.com) and Jim Neatrour (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Three Great Loves:
Love of Neighbor
Love of Children
Love of Creation